- Each resident is admitted to the Home by and under the care of a physician of his/her choice.
- The attending physician must visit the resident at least once every 30 days.
- Some residents may receive less frequent visits according to level of care and needs. The nursing department evaluates this.
The following admissions exceptions are followed for care of residents with special or unique needs:
- Persons sixteen (16) years of age or younger except with prior authorization from the Minnesota Department of Health.
- A patient with primary diagnosis of substance abuse.
- A patient with primary diagnosis of mental disorder.
- A patient with primary diagnosis of developmentally disabled. Exceptions to b, c, and d would need approval from county PAS (Pre-Admission Screening) /ACG (Alternative Care Grant) Team.
- Patients requiring ventilators.
- Social Services, Director of Nursing and Administration will review patients with special or unusual needs on a case by case basis to determine that their needs can adequately be met.
St. Francis Home is a smoke free environment. No smoking in the buildings, rooms or grounds is permitted. This supports a Healthier Community Initiative.